Sunday, February 10, 2008

I believe in friendship.....


Marilyn Monroe once said:

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I'm out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Today, i feel a bit melancholy!

melancholy

A cool word.

I've often felt melancholy in this life.


Maybe the word i'm looking for is pensive. I seem to be thinking a great deal today! Thoughts keep poping into my head for no apparent reason. What i'd like to do is make a list. A list of what makes a good friend IMHO...so here goes:

1) A friend will always be there for you even when they physically can't. It may be through email, letter, or phone. You always know that you can contact them and that they will respond.

2) A friend will always be honest with you and not just tell you what it is that you want to hear.

3) A friend will understand.

4) A friend will care.

5) A friend will love unconditionally.

6) A friend will listen.

7) A friend will know. (what to say, what to do, and what to be-even when you do not).

8) A friend will be happy for you.

9) A friend will never leave. Miles may separate you but hearts will always keep you together.

10) A friend will always know what being a friend is, what being a friend means, and will understand your every mood.


There's so much more but these are a few that I look for and have in my true friendships. It seem so odd sometimes. Months will sometimes pass where life gets busy and phone calls or visits to friends do not occur. Then one day the phone rings and it is that special friend, and it seems like just yesterday that we talked.

I'm not quite sure why i felt the need to make this list. I am so not a list kinda gal. Maybe, just maybe a friend of mine will read this and say "WOW, so thats what i have to do to be Michelle's friend". Not to hard is it? Actually, i think its rather easy to be a friend.

You know when you get the mass emails saying something like "share this with all the wonderful friends in your life...i just did"! So, you smile and think your special and then you look at all the other people it was sent to and you realize your actually not so special afterall. So, the smile fades just a bit and you wonder, hmmm, why did she send this email to "her" or "him". They are assholes. Ah well, thats going to be one of life's biggest mysteries to me because i do not do well with confrontations. So, i let it be!



Seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus