Friday, February 15, 2008

More light!

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. ~Norman B. Rice



I always thought i was a night person. I thought i liked the darkness. Well, i do when i want to sleep or look at the moon and stars. But, as i embrace peace and well being, i crave the light much more!

Light comes in many forms. There's Superman, faster than the speed of light. There's the realization that you finally understand something...it's finally coming to light! There's eating light! There's feeling light and bouncy! There's ways to light your home, neon, flourescent bulbs, sparkles, glitter, the light coming from your dehydrator (forgive me i do not have one) sunlight, torchlight, candlelight, incandesant light, even the little light in your refriderator and lets not forget flashlights!!! Then of course there's the holiday lights so bright and beautiful in every imaginable color. Christmas trees, hanukkah menorah's, and the lights that adorn the homes of everybody celebrating!! Let's not forget firelight!

So, light is everywhere! It makes me want to awaken each day and not just flip the covers and get out of bed, but to actually hop or jump out of bed! It makes me happy to see the sun slowly rising over the ocean as i stretch out for my morning light run!!!

My journey discovering raw has been like a light bulb being turned on in my mind. The more i learn the lighter everything looks and feels. The lighter i look and feel and thats the part i love the most. I've made the most amazing friends that fully embrace the lightness. It's everywhere i look! When you posess light from within, you always see it externally.

Can you imagine living in a world of pure darkness? When you are depressed, no matter how light it is you feel darkness taking over. When you are born without sight you are in a world of darkness. There is darkness living in Alaska. I don't know, some people may like that...Not me! So, shine a light on your depression and it lifts. Learn to read braille and the darkness becomes just a bit lighter.

I can go on and on about how the light, the sun, the glitter, the sparkles illuminate our world. How it illuminates my world. I am grateful for the light!
blog comments powered by Disqus